Thursday, February 7, 2008

Magnesium sulfate is not my friend

I was so excited to find Jessicurl products -- I thought they were the key to "happy hair." But I was noticing that every day, I got a lot of frizz on the top of my head. I was baffled at first and then I discovered that magnesium sulfate (basically Epsom salts -- it encourages curl) can do this to some people.

So, I stopped using Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils. Instead, I started using Boots Curl Creme (only available in the U.K. -- I had to buy it on th "black market"!) and F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel. WOW! What a difference. I don't get frizz anymore and my curls look the best they have ever looked. I get compliments from strangers these days!

I still use Aloeba and Too Shea conditioners from Jessicurl -- I adore them. But I must use Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils much less often. After I use up my current supply, I probably won't buy any more. I am somewhat sad about this because I'm very impressed with Jess and the way she runs her business. But alas, my hair rejects magnesium sulfate so I must restrict my usage.

So, if you're getting lots of frizz on the top of your head but conditioning and using all Curly Girl products, you too may be a victim of magnesium sulfate.

No comments: