Monday, July 28, 2008

Stupid FOG!


Yes, it's true that living in San Francisco is mostly a great experience. The wonderful restaurants, the progressive ideas (mostly!), the cultural diversity -- and the romantic fog.

Well, let me tell you something. You can keep the damned fog. It has ruined my hair countless times and shows no sign of remorse or contrition!

I keep reading about people who live in very humid climates and how their hair suffers. I'm sure their plight is a serious one but I would have to say that fog is just as frustrating.

What to do? It's weather like this that makes me wonder whether silicone-laden products might not be the best way to go! Seriously. Maybe it would take something like the evil cyclomethicone to keep the fog out of my hair. But I don't have the guts. I recall all too well what silicone products did to my hair in the past, and I have to say, even with the fog, my hair looks better now.

I just like to complain.

I've only found two gels that even attempt to battle it. One is Fuzzy Duck (which surprised the heck out of me because the stuff is supposedly made for kids), and the other is Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee. Neither of these gels wins in the war of hair versus fog, but their perform admirably enough.

If any of you have some recommendations, I'm eager to hear them!

No comments: