Saturday, February 21, 2009

Clump alert!


I may have found a new love: Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly.

I had read that some curlies found this product comparable to Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. The ingredients didn't seem similar, though, so I doubted they would work the same way. Here's what's in the Mandarin Magic:

Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).


And although they are both gooey, KCCC is much thicker and gloppier. It also takes longer to dry. KCCC smells better but the AOMM hardly smells at all, which is also nice, especially if you'd like to wear cologne or perfume!

KCCC does give me boingier curls and it does deliver fabulous spirals. AOMM's curls are spirally but they look more natural, and my hair is far more touchable. Both products seem to keep frizz to a minimum.

I think I'm in love with both products and will use both, but I just had to share this new crush I have on the AOMM in case any of you are interested in trying something a little less dramatic than KCCC.

I have used Aubrey's B5 Design gel over KCCC as well as AOMM, and I really like the results. (I really want to thank michaput from the boards at naturallycurly.com for turning me on to both the B5 Design Gel and the EO Rose and Chamomille conditioner. I also want to thank kathymack for sending me a sample of the AOMM to help me decide whether I wanted to try it.)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

This is particularly funny because I was at WF yesterday and broke down and bought the AO GBP because of all the talk lately about protein. I didn't even *think* to look for the Magic Jelly but now I will have to, next time I'm there. (Curse you? =] )

Sage Vivant said...

Thank you, thank you. Always happy to contribute to somebody else's product junkyism.

From what I have heard and witnessed myself, Mandarin Magic is not easily found in stores so it is possible that your Whole Foods didn't even have it. And wouldn't that absolve us both from guilt? :)

Stacy said...

Yes, but your WF can special order it for you. So now you must buy it.