Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cold weather hair care, day six

Kathymack is another role model at naturallycurly.com. We've witnessed her hair go from very nice to gorgeous over the past few months as she's discovered the benefits that natural products give her hair. Kathymack is primarily known for her interest in soap bars (she sells samples of them and other products, if you're interested) but she's also a great resource for information about all things curly.

Read how she copes with mid-Atlantic chill factors....

"Last August/September, I changed my routine over to natural products and added the natural soap bars (after six months of cowash.) My hair was very happy. I also cut out gel, because I didn’t seem to need it.

"Well, some of that routine had to change as a result of the cold weather. This is the first winter I’ve been a curly and not a wavy. In the past, I was a 3a during the summer and a 2-something during the winter. This year, though, I consistently get the tight curls you see here. It’s the product and technique that I’ve learned to use this past year, thanks to naturallycurly.com.

"My usual routine is to do a wash with a natural soap bar every three days. I always follow with an ACV rinse (to restore pH balance) and a rinse out conditioner. The other days I wet and do a rinse out. Because I need more moisture in the winter, I added the Aubrey Organics Island Naturals and GPB as rinse-outs in addition to Curl Junkie conditioners, Komaza Califa Conditioner and Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Milk. I use varied products as my leave-in and curl crème.

"I frequently use things as stylers that are not marketed as stylers. I always use a leave in: Donna Marie Coco Curly Butter, Lock & Twist, Coco Hemp Buttercream, Curl Junkie Butta or Curl Assurance Leave-in, or the Komaza Califa line, to name a few. Curl crèmes include the three Donna Marie products, the varied Curl Junkie products, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly and the Komaza Califa line.

"Gel needed to come back into my routine. My curl was loosening and falling out. The Curl Junkie Aloe Fix Gel is magic -- I mix it with a few things, such as KCCC and AOMM. I’m also experimenting with the Curl Junkie Smoothing Gellie. I scrunch the water out with a Curls Like Us curl cloth, diffuse for five minutes and air-dry the rest of the way."

1 comment:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

I love KathyMack and am a loyal customer on Naturally Curly.

She has a wonderful spirit and excellent customer service.